The days are warming up, which is definitely a welcome weather change! But as the days get warmer, sometimes the best way to beat the heat is with a cool, refreshing popsicle. I love my recipe for Blueberry Coconut Yogurt Popsicles because they are packed with antioxidant-rich blueberries, probiotic-packed yogurt, and nourishing coconut! I also love that this recipe contains a naturally derived sweetener, maple syrup.
Skip the frozen food section of your local food store and make your own simply delicious, creamy, and beautiful pops! They are sure to please young and old alike. All you need is a few simple ingredients and a popsicle mold, let’s get to making these yummy treats…
Blueberry Coconut Yogurt Popsicles
Makes 5 servings
- 1 and 1/4 cups organic coconut milk (where to buy coconut milk)
- 3/4 cup plain raw yogurt
- 3 tablespoons of organic maple syrup (where to buy maple syrup)
- 2 tablespoons organic shredded coconut (where to by shredded coconut)
- 1/3 cup organic blueberries
1. In a 4-cup glass measuring cup with a spout, mix together the coconut milk, yogurt, maple syrup, and the shredded coconut until well combined.
2. Pour the mixture into popsicle molds (these stainless steel ones are on my wishlist) until about 1/2 inch from the top. Gently place blueberries on the top of the mixture, and push down into the popsicles so there are blueberries throughout the pop. Fill the popsicles the rest of the way with remaining mixture.
3. Freeze overnight or for at least 5 hours – enjoy this nourishing treat as the weather gets warmer!
For delicious dessert recipes created by an award-winning pastry chef similar to this one (dairy-free and grain-free), I highly recommend the Paleo Sweets Cookbook.
It’s got 73 mouthwatering recipes for healthy desserts, including:
- Grain-Free Oreos,
- Key Lime Pie,
- Grain-Free Snickerdoodles,
- Double Chocolate Hazelnut Cake, and more!
At the moment, the printed version of this cookbook is 100% free to Food Renegade readers. You just cover shipping & handling.