Here in Texas, we love food with “kick” — that appealing blend of savory, spice, and sweet that comes from mixing Southern comfort food with the flavors of northern Mexico. This Texas Style Crustless Quiche has plenty of kick. The lack of crust gives the quiche a frittata-like feel, but with a bit a more height. So, if you’re looking for ways to get more extremely tasty and nutrient-rich eggs from pastured hens into your diet, this crustless quiche may be just what you’re looking for!
In this crustless quiche recipe, the savory flavor of bacon blends seamlessly with the spicy heat of chipotle pepper. The accents of Texas Vidalia sweet onions and sweet red bell peppers round out the dish and give it that famous Texas “kick.”
Texas Style Crustless Quiche
- 6 slices of bacon from foraged hogs
- 1 medium sweet onion, diced
- 1 medium red bell pepper, diced
- 10 oz. fresh baby spinach
- 8 oz of grated cheddar cheese from grass-fed cows
- 5 eggs from pastured hens
- 1/2 C milk from grass-fed cows, beaten
- ground chipotle pepper to taste
- fat of choice (I use coconut oil)
1. In a cast iron skillet, grill bacon over medium heat until cooked. Remove bacon from skillet and add onions & red bell peppers. Cook until onion becomes translucent. Add spinach and stir until wilted. Remove pan from heat, stir bacon back into mix.
2. In the meantime, mix cheese, eggs, milk, and chipotle pepper in a medium mixing bowl. Add vegetable and bacon mix and stir until blended.
3. Grease a 9-in pie shell with your fat of choice. (I use coconut oil.) Pour quiche mixture into pie shell. Bake at 375F for 40-45minutes or until filling is set. Let rest for 10 minutes before serving. ENJOY your Texas Style crustless quiche!
For more delicious recipes similar to this one (low-carb, high-fat), I highly recommend the Wicked Good Ketogenic Diet Cookbook.
Learn all about how to eat to force your body to burn fat. This book is jam packed with 156 delicious fat-shredding recipes that will help you burn fat like crazy. Even stubborn belly and thigh fat won’t stand a chance because your body will have NO CHOICE but to burn that fat for fuel!
At the moment, the printed version of this cookbook is 100% free to Food Renegade readers. You just cover shipping & handling.