Yes, summer may be winding down and Fall may be in full swing — but there is nothing like a delicious Tex Mex Layered side salad no matter what time of year! I make this bean salad when I am in a pinch and want something that is easy but also nutritious. Serve on a bed of rice or in a tortilla, or just as side dish with any meal.
The will literally come together in 10 minutes and is ready to serve immediately. The flavors are fresh and bright!
Tex Mex Layered Salad
- 1/2 cup organic corn kernels
- 1 1/2 cups organic black beans, soaked
- 1 small organic onion, diced
- 10 organic cherry (or similar) tomatoes, sliced
- 2 large fresh organic basil leaves, chiffonade
- 3 tablespoons organic cold press olive oil (yours is probably fake; where to buy olive oil)
- 1 tablespoon organic balsamic vinegar (where to buy balsamic vinegar)
- salt & pepper, to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/8 teaspoon cumin
1. In a bowl, simply layer the ingredients starting with the corn then the beans, onion, tomatoes, basil, dressing, and seasoning.
2. I like to present the salad layered and then toss it right before serving. Enjoy!