Tired of hot dogs full of additives, nitrates, or MSG? GMO-corn chips served with Velveeta dips? Want to eat or serve something you can actually be proud of this Independence Day? All you orthorexics out there know just what I’m talking about.
In the hopes of inspiring you to realize that you can eat FRUGAL, nutrient-dense foods that feed AND please a crowd, I’m offering you my July 4th menu, complete with recipes. This menu also happens to be grain-free for all you going low-carb, gluten-free, or primal.
- Make Ahead Frozen Meatballs, served with Better Barbeque Sauce and Creamy Mexican Queso as dips.
- Mouthwatering Sweet Potato Latkes
- Taco Bowls (taco meat made with Homemade Taco Seasoning, plus all the taco fixin’s, served inside bowls), OR
- Caveman Chili
- Farmer’s Market Salad Bar (i.e. whatever I pick up at this afternoon’s farmer’s market, chopped up and set out in individual bowls) served w/Hot Bacon Dressing and Pecan Garlic Salad Dressing.
What are YOU serving up this 4th of July? I’d love to see your recipes, too!
(photo by hryckowian)
Latest posts by Kristen (see all)
- Fight Back Friday December 6th - December 5, 2013
- November Giveaway Winner - December 4, 2013
- New Studies Show Gut Bacteria Are “Mind-altering Microorganisms” - December 2, 2013