Homemade slow-cooker applesauce is easier to make than you think. Making this simple, delicious homemade applesauce in a slow-cooker takes no-time at all. It is perfect for school or work lunches, an afternoon snack, added to recipes, mixed into vanilla ice cream — essentially anything you could dream to do with your favorite applesauce!
Slow-Cooker Applesauce: The Players
- organic gala (or similar) apples, 7 medium, peeled & sliced thinly
- coconut sugar, 1/8 cup (where to buy coconut sugar)
- filtered water, 1 1/2 cups (where to buy water filters & purifiers)
- organic ground cinnamon, 1 teaspoon (where to buy authentic, fresh, out-of-this world cinnamon) (optional)
Slow-Cooker Applesauce: The How-To
1. Arrange apples evenly in a slow-cooker. Cover with the water.
2. Add the sugar and cinnamon.
3. Put on high heat for a minimum of 6 hours, until it gets nice and applesaucey. Use an immersion blender to blend the mixture to desired consistency.
4. Dig into this healthy and delicious snack!
Easy, right? You should make yourself and your loved ones this special treat. You won’t ever buy the stuff in the jar again.