Fall is an incredible time of year, it seem like everything gets a make-over. The trees, the weather, and even our food. Everything is splashed with a little pumpkin or spice these days and I wouldn’t want it any other way!
Nothing is better on a chilly and gloomy Fall morning than one of my Grain-Free Pumpkin Spice Muffins with Cream Cheese Frosting! They are decadent muffins with a sweet, creamy topping that goes perfect with a cup of warm coffee.
Grain-Free Pumpkin Spice Muffins with Cream Cheese Frosting
- 3 pastured eggs (why pastured eggs?)
- 2/3 cup pumpkin puree (where to buy BPA-free, organic pumpkin puree)
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar (where to buy organic coconut sugar)
- 1/4 cup coconut oil or butter, melted (where to buy coconut oil)
- 2 and 1/4 cup almond flour (where to buy almond flour)
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin spice (where to buy pumpkin spice)
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract (where to buy organic, pure vanilla extract)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt (where to buy real sea salt)
1. Mix together all ingredients in a bowl until well-combined. In a well-greased muffin pan, fill up the muffin cups to the top.
2. Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for about twenty minutes, or until golden brown and the tops spring back when gently touched. Let cool.
- 8 ounces cream cheese, preferably homemade
- 3/4 teaspoon pumpkin spice (where to buy pumpkin spice)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla (where to buy organic, pure vanilla extract)
- 1/4 cup local raw honey (where to buy organic raw honey)
1. Whip ingredients together until well-combined and slightly fluffy. Frost muffins with desired amount of frosting.
2. Enjoy with a warm beverage!