Once again, former pastry-chef turned web designer and fellow food blogger Megan Keatley of Health-Bent has put together something sweetly satisfying for you guys just in time for Valentine’s Day. Thank you, Megan, for the recipe!
If your idea of a sweet treat always includes chocolate, these Grain-Free Mudslide Fudge Cookies are for you. With a texture similar to macaroons, but filled with ooey gooey chocolate goodness, these grain-free cookies will melt in your mouth and delight your palette.
Thankfully, the recipe is as simple as it is delicious. 5 ingredients. Less than 5 minutes of prep time. No special kitchen equipment or cooking techniques required.
Grain-Free Mudslide Fudge Cookies
- 2/3 c cocoa powder (where to find organic raw cacao powder)
- 1/3 c egg whites (roughly 2 or 3)
- 1/4 c honey (where to find raw honey)
- 1/4 c dark chocolate chips, chopped (where to find organic, fair-trade, non-gmo chocolate chips)
- 1/2 t vanilla extract (where to find organic vanilla extract)
Preheat your oven to 350F.
Whisk all ingredients together and portion the batter out onto a silicone or parchment lined cookie sheet. Make sure to leave enough room between the cookies, as they will spread out a tad.
Bake for 8-10 minutes until the cookies are set and the tops are glossy. You don’t want to over bake these, as the edges will get crispy and a little bitter, so keep your eyes on them.
Let cool until warm, then dig in! (Of course, you can let them cool completely, but where’s the ooey gooey goodness in that?) This recipe yields 12 delectable Grain-Free Mudslide Fudge Cookies.
(photo by Megan Keatley)
Latest posts by Kristen (see all)
- Fight Back Friday December 6th - December 5, 2013
- November Giveaway Winner - December 4, 2013
- New Studies Show Gut Bacteria Are “Mind-altering Microorganisms” - December 2, 2013