Introducing Meatza — perhaps my most favorite take on a grain-free pizza yet. This recipe comes courtesy of Cara Faus, of Health, Home, & Happiness. Cara included it in this month’s Grain-Free Meal Plan. If you’re looking for grain-free, kid-approved meals that will please your spouse without breaking your budget, be sure to check out Cara’s Grain-Free Meal Plan. Thanks, Cara, for the Meatza recipe!
What exactly is Meatza? Well, use your imagination and you just might figure it out! A “meatza” is a grain-free pizza with a meaty crust. Because let’s face it: what we really, really, love about pizza is the well-seasoned sauce, the savory vegetables, and the salty, fatty meats. A meatza is a convenient and downright tasty way to get all your favorites, but without the hassle of refined flours, yeasty doughs, or anything even almost resembling gluten.
Meatza Recipe for Grain-Free Pizza
Meatza Recipe: The Players
- 5 pounds grass-fed ground beef (where to find grass-fed beef)
- 1 ¼ teaspoons ground black pepper
- 1 ¼ teaspoons sea salt, ground (where to find a REAL sea salt)
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 3-6 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 ¼ cups tomato sauce
- 1 onion, diced
- 1-2 zucchini or summer squash, thinly sliced (or the vegetables of your choice)
- 2 tomatoes, sliced into rounds (or the vegetables of your choice)
- 5 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese (optional)
Meatza Recipe: The How-To
1) Preheat oven to 400F. Mix ground beef, pepper, salt, seasoning, and garlic. On a cookie sheet or in a large glass dish pat meat into a ‘pizza crust’.
2) Top with tomato sauce and vegetables, then top with cheese.
3) Bake at 400 degrees for 30 minutes or until the meat is cooked through and cheese is melted. Allow to cool for 5 minutes then slice into wedges or squares.
4) ENJOY! (And perhaps best of all: Save the leftovers for lunch the next day. YUM.)
For more delicious recipes similar to this one (low-carb, high-fat), I highly recommend the Wicked Good Ketogenic Diet Cookbook.
Learn all about how to eat to force your body to burn fat. This book is jam packed with 156 delicious fat-shredding recipes that will help you burn fat like crazy. Even stubborn belly and thigh fat won’t stand a chance because your body will have NO CHOICE but to burn that fat for fuel!
At the moment, the printed version of this cookbook is 100% free to Food Renegade readers. You just cover shipping & handling.