I haven’t had chorizo in years because I have been avoiding all the mystery additives and spices in the packaged variety. I am thrilled to share with you a recipe for homemade chorizo that is both easy to make and delicious! This recipe can also be made with either grass fed beef or pork depending on your preference.
From Lindsey at Homemade Mommy
- 2 1/2 pounds ground pastured pork or ground grass fed beef (where to buy grassfed meats)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 tsp oregano
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar (where to buy organic raw apple cider vinegar)
- 1/2 cup organic red chile powder (where to buy red chile powder)
1. Put the garlic, oregano, vinegar, and red chile powder into a blender and mix well.
2. Put the ground meat into a medium sized glass bowl. Pour the mixture over the meat, mix well, and cover with a plate.
3. Marinate at room temperature for about 6-8 hours or all day, pouring off any water that accumulates periodically throughout the day. Note: the flavor will ripen and develop throughout the day. The chile will prevent spoilage.
4. Refrigerate or freeze in small amounts and remove as needed.
To cook, crumble into a cast iron skillet and saute until browned. Extremely delicious with scrambled eggs!
For more delicious recipes similar to this one (low-carb, high-fat), I highly recommend the Wicked Good Ketogenic Diet Cookbook.
Learn all about how to eat to force your body to burn fat. This book is jam packed with 156 delicious fat-shredding recipes that will help you burn fat like crazy. Even stubborn belly and thigh fat won’t stand a chance because your body will have NO CHOICE but to burn that fat for fuel!
At the moment, the printed version of this cookbook is 100% free to Food Renegade readers. You just cover shipping & handling.