I can barely contain my excitement! The following is a guest post written by one of my favorite food bloggers, Arsy of Rubies & Radishes. Arsy is a gifted food photographer, and her recipes are always scrumptious. Today she’s sharing a recipe for grain-free macadamia chocolate chip cupcakes. Thanks, Arsy!
Hello Food Renegades! I am delighted to be here, sharing a recipe that I developed just for you! I wanted to come up with a grain-free “treat” that would leave you satisfied and full of nutrients.
The macadamia nut butter in this recipe adds the protein and healthy fat needed to stay full. Just one of these cupcakes can get me through the morning. Macadamia nuts are also my nut of choice because they have a very low Omega-6 content compared to their counterparts. In addition, they are a healthy source of magnesium, manganese, thiamine, copper and iron.
These cupcakes were also toddler tested, making them a perfect dessert for a birthday party!
Macadamia Chocolate Chip Cupcakes
- ½ cup coconut flour (where to buy coconut flour)
- 1 tablespoon arrowroot powder (where to buy arrowroot powder)
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt (where to buy American sea salt)
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 4 eggs (from pastured hens)
- 1/4 cup honey (where to buy organic, raw honey)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract (where to buy real vanilla extract)
- 1/4 cup macadamia butter (where to buy organic macadamia butter)
- 1/3 cup butter, melted (where to buy butter from grass-fed cows)
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips (where to buy soy-free chocolate chips)
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut (where to buy unsweetened coconut)
- homemade whipped cream or coconut cream for topping
1) Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2) In a bowl, combine the coconut flour, arrowroot powder and salt.
3) In a different bowl, whisk eggs. Then add honey, vanilla extract, macadamia butter and butter and mix thoroughly.
4) Add your dry ingredients to your wet ingredients. Whisk until all the ingredients are thoroughly blended.
5) Let your batter sit for 5-10 minutes. This will give the coconut flour a chance to adsorb more of the liquids.
6) Add in baking soda, chocolate chips and shredded coconut. Mix until baking soda is mixed through.
7) Place 9 cupcakes liners in a muffin tin. Loosely fill the liners all the way with your batter.
8) Bake for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
9) Remove cupcakes from the muffin pan or tip the cupcakes on their side and let cool for 20-30 minutes.
10) Top with whipped cream and serve!
For delicious dessert recipes created by an award-winning pastry chef similar to this one (dairy-free and grain-free), I highly recommend the Paleo Sweets Cookbook.
It’s got 73 mouthwatering recipes for healthy desserts, including:
- Grain-Free Oreos,
- Key Lime Pie,
- Grain-Free Snickerdoodles,
- Double Chocolate Hazelnut Cake, and more!
At the moment, the printed version of this cookbook is 100% free to Food Renegade readers. You just cover shipping & handling.
In an effort to achieve optimal health and wellness, she discovered Crossfit & the paleo diet in 2008. Arsy started feeling better than ever and was eventually able to recover from health issues that she had struggled with for almost a decade. Equipped with this energy and knowledge, Rubies & Radishes was born.
When Arsy is not busy at her day job or being a mom to her young baby, you can find her in her kitchen developing healthy recipes for her family and her blog readers. Connect with Arsy on Facebook & Instagram.