I abhor textbooks. So, you may ask, why did I write one? Mostly because there is literally nothing out there for those of us who want to teach (or learn!) the basics of Nutrition from a pointedly Real Food perspective. If you’re trying to teach your kids to love Real Food (food that is traditional, old, sustainably and ethically grown or raised, etc.), you won’t find a textbook to support your view.
I gave you a heads up a couple of months ago, and now I’m pleased to announce the arrival of the finished textbook. I’ve decided to make the e-Course available to students and teachers in the Fall, to correspond more closely with the school year. But in the meantime, I know many of you want to dive right in — maybe to prepare your exiting Seniors for college, or perhaps to prepare your own lesson plans for the coming school year, or maybe just because you have personally been longing to wrap your head around the basics of Nutrition and this seems like the ideal way to do it.
What makes this Real Food Nutrition & Health textbook unique?
- Its perspective. Inspired by the cookbook Nourishing Traditions, the work of researcher Weston A. Price, and the love wholesome, organic, sustainable, & traditional foods that you find in the Slow Food movement and farmer’s markets everywhere, this textbook has no qualms bucking the sub-par Nutrition guidelines put out by the USDA.
- Its quality. As I said earlier, I abhor textbooks. So, rather than write a traditional textbook, I’ve written what the educator Charlotte Mason would call a “Living Book.” You might say it’s the antithesis of a typical textbook. By definition, “living books” are usually written by a single, educated author who is passionate about their material. The idea is that the best teachers are passionate, and their enthusiasm is contagious.
- Its accessibility. Written in a casual and easy-to-understand voice (my own!), this book is perfect for high school aged students and possibly even the mature middle schooler. And it covers all the basics of Nutrition!
How To Buy Real Food Nutrition & Health
The book is available for sale here. It comes in two formats. The first is a downloadable e-book (a PDF file) which will be instantly delivered to your email address for just $19.95.
The second is a 203 page coil-bound paperback printed on quality, durable paper. It will be shipped out to you within 4-7 business days and arrive in your mailbox for just $29.95 plus shipping.
Want More Details?
Easily done! I’ve got a whole page set up with the book’s specifics, including:
- a table of contents with chapter summaries,
- a complimentary review chapter of the book which you can instantly download and view as a PDF, and even
- testimonials from a select few who’ve previewed the book.
Latest posts by Kristen (see all)
- Fight Back Friday December 6th - December 5, 2013
- November Giveaway Winner - December 4, 2013
- New Studies Show Gut Bacteria Are “Mind-altering Microorganisms” - December 2, 2013