Now that the weather is getting warmer and the dessert treats are getting a little cooler, boy do I have a cool treat for you! Can I tell you how tasty my Nutty Monkey “Ice Cream” recipe is? It’s only made with 3 ingredients – and it’s dairy-free! How is this possible? With a little bit of creativity I tell you.
Instead of a typical ice cream base, this creamy treat is made with frozen bananas blended up in a food processor. I elevated that creaminess with a hit of chocolate chips and diced raw almonds – that is where the Nutty Monkey comes in. Kids and those kids-at-heart will love this and any other who desires a delectable, cool treat on a hot summer evening!
Nutty Monkey “Ice Cream” (Dairy-Free)
- 4 sliced organic bananas, frozen
- 1/4 chocolate chips, diced (organic, soy-free, dairy-free) (where to buy chocolate chips)
- 1/4 cup raw almonds, diced (where to buy raw, sprouted almonds)
1. In a food processor, add your frozen bananas. Process until it turns in a smooth, soft-serve type texture (takes about 1 to 2 minutes).
2. Mix in diced almonds and chocolate chips, and sprinkle some on top as a garnish.
**Note: If you would like a firmer “ice cream”, after you prep the bananas and mix-ins – place into a freezer safe container and put into the freezer for another 1 to 2 hours.
(makes 2 to 3 servings)