If you’re a cheese lover like me and a fan of authentic, real food made from farm fresh ingredients, then you probably know just how difficult it is to find affordable cheese from grass-fed cows. Finding cheese from grass-fed cows that has also been made from raw milk? Close to impossible.
Some of us are lucky enough to live near raw milk dairies that also make cheese. Others are lucky enough to live near artisan cheese makers that are proud to source their raw milk from authentically pastured cows.
Most of us? Not so lucky. So, what are you supposed to do if you can’t find these nutrient-dense, traditionally-crafted cheeses? Until recently, I would have said you should make compromises. Maybe opt for a grass-fed, but pasteurized cheese. Maybe opt for a mostly grass-fed cheese. Maybe opt for a cheese that’s at least organic and/or made from cows not dosed up with growth hormones or antibiotics. Maybe learn how to make your own cheese.
Now? I’ve discovered an online retailer of affordable raw milk grass-fed cheese, and this week I’m giving away a Sampler of their classic cheese selections.
Real Milk Cheese prides itself on offering fantastic cheeses from the milk of entirely pastured, 100% grass-fed Jersey cows. According to their marketing materials, “No chemicals are used! Our cows are managed without the need of routine antibiotics and are fed only grass and hay. Garlic extract and permethrin pour-on are used for fly control. The milking herd is moved to fresh grass every 12 hours.”
Take a look at these happy cows!
And best of all? These cheeses are available for online purchase! That means that no matter where you live within the U.S., you can have affordable, quality cheeses delivered straight to your door.
What You’ll Win
A Classic Sampler of cheeses, which includes:
- 2 8oz. packages of Cheddar,
- 2 8oz. packages of Colby,
- 2 8oz. packages of Herbal Jack,
- 2 8oz. packages of Pepper Jack, and
- 2 8oz. packages of Garlic & Chives
If bought separately, these cheeses would quickly add up to $81 and some change. But when purchased as a sample pack, the price drops to a mere $58.50.
This contest is officially ended, and the winner has been announced.
How To Enter
1. Click on the link below. It will take you to Real Milk Cheese‘s website, where you will be invited to join their Prestigious Cheese Society. Take it from me, you should join. That’s because membership is completely free and immediately entitles you to a 10% discount on all your purchases from them. And the only cost to you? Getting an occasional newsletter in your email or Facebook account letting you know about special deals or offers. SO WORTH IT! So, click on the link below. Join the Prestigious Cheese Society. And come back here and leave a comment letting me know you did so.
After you’ve joined the Prestigious Cheese Society, you must come back here and comment letting me know you’ve done so. If you fail to do this, your entries will not be counted!
That’s good for one entry. For additional chances to win, do any of the following:
2. Blog about this giveaway and link back to this page on your blog. Comment below with the link. (1 extra entry)
3. Sign up for my weekly email newsletter using the form below. Leave a comment below telling me that you signed up. You will also get an entry if you already subscribe — be sure to leave a comment! (3 extra entries)
4. Follow me on Pinterest and pin the giveaway. Be sure to include the URL to this page in your pin. Follow me on Pinterest here. Leave a comment telling me that you followed & pinned. (1 extra entry)
5. Email 5 friends about the giveaway, with a link to this page. Leave a comment below telling me that you did. (1 extra entry)
6. LIKE my Facebook page and share about the giveaway on Facebook, linking to this post. (2 extra entries!)
There are a total of 9 possible entries!
The giveaway is open only to U.S. residents and will run through Sunday, May 6th. The winner will be announced on Monday, May 7th.
Latest posts by Kristen (see all)
- Fight Back Friday December 6th - December 5, 2013
- November Giveaway Winner - December 4, 2013
- New Studies Show Gut Bacteria Are “Mind-altering Microorganisms” - December 2, 2013