If you are a long time reader of this site, you know that I highly recommend fermented cod liver oil as a superfood. Superfoods are foods that naturally concentrate important vitamins and minerals that are otherwise hard to come by. In my general food philosophy, I almost always choose superfoods over supplements. That’s because these sacred foods have traditionally been prized and highly sought after as a means to build fertility and health.
As a superfood, fermented cod liver oil is rich in Vitamins A, D, and K. Since it is also a form of fish oil, fermented cod liver oil is also rich in essential omega-3 fatty acids. This Labor Day, I’m giving away a bottle of Green Pasture’s Blue Ice Emulsified Fermented Cod Liver Oil. The emulsified oil has one supreme advantage over the regular fermented oil: taste. These kid-tested and approved flavors beat the regular fermented cod liver oil in any face off.
My own family enjoys the Peppermint Emuslified Fermented Cod Liver Oil the best. I personally notice very little fishy aftertaste thanks to the peppermint oil. One friend of mine commented that she takes a shot of raw milk immediately after swallowing her dose of the Peppermint flavor. According to her, it leaves an aftertaste like peppermint ice cream.
How to Enter
Leave a separate comment for each of the following possible ways to enter.
1. The first step to entering the contest is to click on the link below. You’ll be taken to the Green Pasture’s website where you can browse their interesting line of oils. They have everything from Fermented Cod Liver Oil to Skate Oil to Coconut Oil. Take a look around and decide which products you would love to try if given the chance; then come back here and leave a comment on this post sharing your decision.
Be sure to leave a comment below. That’s good for one entry. For additional chances to win, do any of the following:
2. Blog about this giveaway and link back to this page on your blog. Comment below with the link. (1 extra entry)
3. Sign up for my weekly email newsletter using the form below. Leave a comment below telling me that you signed up. You will also get an entry if you already subscribe — be sure to leave a comment! (3 extra entries)
4. Follow me on Twitter and tweet about the giveaway. Be sure to include the URL to this page in your tweet. Click the Twitter icon button at the bottom of the post, or you can use the following tweet: “Don’t enter to win this FREE bottle of kid-approved cod liver oil! I want it all to myself. http://bit.ly/o672ca” Leave a comment telling me that you followed & tweeted. (1 extra entry)
5. Email 5 friends about the giveaway, with a link to this page. Leave a comment below telling me that you did. (1 extra entry)
6. LIKE my Facebook page and share about the giveaway on Facebook, linking to this post. (2 extra entries!)
There are a total of 9 possible entries!
Questions? Comment below.
This contest will end Monday, September 5th (Labor Day) at 11:59 PM PST. Winner will be announced the following Tuesday.
Latest posts by Kristen Michaelis (see all)
- Fight Back Friday April 11th - April 10, 2014
- How to Green the World’s Deserts: Reversing Desertification with Grass-fed Cows - April 8, 2014
- GIVEAWAY: The Nourished Kitchen Cookbook - April 6, 2014