It’s time we got inspired. Time we united. Time we shared our collective wisdom. There are a surprising number of people in our fold. Traditional foodies. Raw foodies. Paleo/Primal dieters. Slow foodies. People inspired to eat locally-grown, sustainably produced food. Each of us dedicated to eating Real Food. Each of us rebelling against conventional norms in order to nourish our bodies, our families, our spirits.
There are so many things we can learn from each other — how to prepare foods, new recipes to try, new ways to be frugal & thrifty while still eating nutrient-dense whole foods, new ways to answer for our food choices and think about our lives.
That’s why I’m organizing Fight Back Fridays for us card carrying challengers of conventional nutritional wisdom.
What is Fight Back Fridays?
It’s your standard blog carnival, but it’s all about being Food Renegades. Who are the Food Renegades? Well, they’re the adventurous ones — the people who opt out of the industrialized food system, distrust standard nutritional advice, and embrace Real Food.
They’re the people who are fighting back against the dominate food culture — one forkful of food at a time.
You know who you are.
If you’re a fellow Food Renegade (or a newbie or a wannabe), this carnival is for you. You can post:
- updates & stories about your Real Food journey,
- anything you think others might find useful, helpful, encouraging, or inspiring.
Yes, ANY subject related to being a Food Renegade is game. The goal here is variety! I won’t announce weekly topics. YOU decide what YOU want to share, based on what’s going on in YOUR life. Participating really couldn’t be any easier!
The VERY FIRST Fight Back Friday will be next Friday, March 13th. So, mark your calendars.
Here’s how it will work:
- Fight Back Fridays is open to anyone with a blog that wants to join us by linking up to a post on their blog that’s relevant to the topic. If your post is in your archives, that’s fine. Just post a new post at your blog on Friday pointing people to your old post or posts and linking back to my Fight Back Friday post.
- In order to make browsing as easy as possible, please link to your individual Fight Back Fridays post instead of to your home page. We’ll be using Mr. Linky to link up to your posts, so adding your post to the carnival will be EASY.
- When adding your name to Mr. Linky please make sure to tell us what your post is about in 4 words or less. Here are some examples of the right way: “Kim (first time making sauerkraut)” or “Jennifer (grain-free pancakes)” or “Scott (benefits of raw milk)” or “Doug (kid friendly real food). You get the idea.
- Please feel free to let us know if you are new to Fight Back Fridays (so we can be sure to visit and welcome you) by putting