Now you absolutely have to find out what the controversy’s all about, don’t you? Recipes are a great promise, too, as everyone loves to discover a new recipe (and you won’t want to miss out on these).
5. I’ve woken up without an alarm clock for years. I’d set the alarm anyway, but it would never get the chance to go off. I’d wake up exactly one minute before the alarm would sound, turn off the alarm, and get out of bed. People thought I was crazy. Well now here’s an article from Mark’s Daily Apple teaching you how to do it for yourself. That’s right, even you can experience the bliss of waking up when your body tells you to, rather than at the sound of an unnerving squeal that steals your peace.
4. If you love coconut, you’ll love these Coconut Orange “White Fudge” Bars from The Nourishing Gourmet. Mildly sweetened with a smidgen of honey, these dairy free treats are a great way to work more coconut oil into your diet.
3. Now for the promised controversy. Washington State University announced that The Omnivore’s Dilemma (a Food Renegade Must Read) would be this year’s “common reading” for all incoming freshmen. They spent all the money they had budgeted on the program to buy the 4,000 copies of the books they’d be giving to all incoming students. And then under pressure from agribusiness interests, they sounded the retreat and cancelled this year’s program claiming budgetary constraints as the main reason they couldn’t move forward. (Really? Even though all the money had already been spent and the cancellation resulting in no savings to the school?) Within a week of extensive pressure from Pollanites and a donation of funds from outside sources, they caved yet again and will now even have Michael Pollan come to campus to give a lecture.
2. This sounds like my idea of meat heaven: Shrimp, Pork, & Green Olive Chorizo Burgers. I’ll serve them without the bun. And if I don’t ditch the sugar altogether, I’ll substitute in some sucanat. But check it out, folks!
1. In case you missed it from an earlier Fight Back Fridays, Vehement Flame shared the most Amazing Chocolate Mousse recipe ever. It’s dairy free and made with avocados, but don’t let that fool you. It’s to die for!