Did you know that your diet can keep you from getting pregnant? Or that you can prevent morning sickness and stretch marks through nutrition? Did you know that infertility is a modern problem? Traditional cultures rarely, if ever, experienced infertility. In their wisdom, they held the most nutrient-dense foods in sacred places of honor, reserving them for women and men who would soon be attempting to conceive. Sadly, this is lost to most of us in the developed world.
Instead of relying on sacred foods, we spend thousands of dollars on expensive fertility treatments. We expect to be sick when we’re pregnant, expect to have swollen ankles and vericose veins. We expect our children to have ear infections, need braces, and get corrective lenses.
Did you know that all of these maladies can be prevented with nutrition? That what you eat when you’re pregnant can actually widen your baby’s cheekbones so that they have room for all their teeth (no braces!), well-placed eyes (no near or far-sightedness!), and a spacious sinus cavity (no ear infections!)?
I’m absolutely thrilled to announce a new online course that I’ll be teaching this Fall. It’s called Beautiful Babies: Nutrition for Fertility, Pregnancy, Breastfeeding, & Baby’s First Foods.
In the course, you’ll learn:
- Why soy can prevent pregnancy
- How eating a low-fat diet makes you 85% more likely to be infertile
- How to successfully breastfeed your baby, and why it’s so important
- About gentle, natural birth alternatives
- What to do if breastfeeding doesn’t work for you (and it’s not commercial formula!)
- Why babies shouldn’t eat cereal (they can’t digest it!)
- How you can avoid ADD, autism, and allergies.
- How you can have a pain free birth without pain meds or an epidural.
- How you can prevent post-partum depression.
It’s a virtual smorgasbord of information about how a deeply nutritious diet can affect your birth experience!
Across 12 weeks of lessons, we’ll cover all this and more (so much more!). Each week’s lesson will feature 2-4 video tutorials, downloadable articles and essays from the world’s leading experts in the field, printable birth stories from women who will help you feel empowered, and a digital workbook which will help present all the covered information in a manageable form and leave you plenty of room to take notes.
Check out the introduction video below.