It’s really no joke, this gluten-free macaroni salad is by far my FAVORITE macaroni salad in the world. Nothing ever compares to this for me; every so often throughout the year I whip up a batch and it literally makes my mouth water. I hosted a baby shower this weekend and I made this macaroni salad for it.
Needless-to-say, it was a hit!
Again, I like easy and this recipe is easy! I can whip it up really quickly and it can easily be doubled, tripled, or quadrupled for any event.
Gluten-Free Macaroni Salad
- 1 pound gluten-free macaroni pasta, such as brown rice or quinoa (where to buy)
- 1 cup homemade mayonnaise (how to make homemade mayonnaise)
- 1 cup homemade ranch dressing (such a from Kristen’s book “Simply Salads by Season“)
- 1 small organic onion, diced small
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup (where to buy)
- 1/2 tablespoon raw apple cider vinegar (where to buy)
- 1/2 teaspoon organic dried tarragon
- 1 teaspoon organic dried sweet basil
- 1 teaspoon organic dried parsley
- salt & pepper to taste
1. Prepare the gluten free pasta until al dente (it will have a slight “bite” to it), this way the pasta can absorb the macaroni salad dressing without getting overly mushy. Once the gluten free pasta reaches al dente during cooking, remove from the heat, drain the pasta, and rinse well with cold water. Let the pasta drain while you prepare the dressing.
2. To make the dressing: all you did is add the mayo, ranch dressing, onion, vinegar, tarragon, basil, parsley, salt, and pepper in a big bowl and mix very well until incorporated.
3. Add the drained pasta to the dressing and mix well until all the noodles are coated. Let sit in the fridge at least 2 to 3 hours before serving.
4. Enjoy! This Gluten Free Macroni Salad is sure to please.