Making the transition to cooking and eating REAL food can be daunting. Many of us thrive on the challenge. Others of us despair. How are we supposed to tackle cooking all these nourishing foods from scratch when we either don’t know how to cook or have always, like the recipes in so many cooking magazines, been dependent on boxed or pre-packaged ingredients? It’s like saying we baked a “homemade” cake when really it was just a cake mix that we added eggs and oil to. Or saying we cooked a casserole when really we just emptied canned veggies into bakeware and mixed in canned cream of mushroom soup and jar of Cheese Whiz. People may compliment us on the food, but we know better.
Our standards have changed, but we’re out of our depths. What do you do when recipes make things sound so easy, but when you follow the directions (exactly!) you get a semi-regular stream of costly kitchen disasters? You are learning from your mistakes, but you would LOVE to just skip right over them and be a better cook already. That way you can get these fabulously healthy foods into your families without them putting up such a huge fight.
Thank goodness for teachers like Jenny from Nourished Kitchen, who have made online cooking classes available to us! Today, I’m giving away a scholarship to her newly updated How To Cook Real Food online cooking class.
If you know someone who desperately needs this class, all you have to do is nominate them in the comments below. In 200 words or less, share their story. If you win the scholarship, you’ll earn a free enrollment for yourself AND the person you nominated!
What You and Your Nominee Will Win
Free enrollment in Jenny’s How To Cook Real Food online cooking class comes complete with:
- 12 Comprehensive, Multimedia Online Classes
- Exclusive Recorded Conference Calls to chat with other real food lovers and get your questions answered
- 45 Instructional Videos Teaching You How to Cook Real Food
- Over 100 Tried-and-true Real Food Recipes
- Digital Workbook for each lesson to Take Notes & Develop Your Own Recipes
- Charts Outlining Seasonally Available Foods
- Charts outlining methods for soaking beans, legumes, nuts and seeds
- Spreadsheets that’ll help you take a kitchen inventory, develop a grocery budget and plan meals
- Fact Sheets and Handy Tips Analyzing the Value of Real Food
- Whole-grain and Grain-free baking tips.
- Simple Answers to Frequently Asked Questions
- Menu Planning Bonus Pack
How To Apply
Simply write a comment below, in 200 words or less, and explain why the person you’re nominating should take this class. It’s that simple. The application process closes on Tuesday, September 13th at midnight, CST. I’ll announce the winner on Wednesday, September 14th.
Save $50 By Enrolling BEFORE September 16th!
Not to be a worry wart, but on September 16th enrollment for the course goes back to it’s regular price of $199. If you enroll on or before September 15th, you can save a whopping $50! Since time is running out, I figured I’d remind you.
I took the class last year, and I couldn’t be happier that I did. If you think it might be a good fit for you or someone you know, go check out the course details and don’t let the opportunity to save money pass you by!
Oh, and don’t worry about enrolling now AND applying for the scholarship. If you happen to win the scholarship, Jenny will simply refund your money. No biggie.
Standard disclosures apply.
(Photo by Jenny at Nourished Kitchen)
Latest posts by Kristen (see all)
- Fight Back Friday December 6th - December 5, 2013
- November Giveaway Winner - December 4, 2013
- New Studies Show Gut Bacteria Are “Mind-altering Microorganisms” - December 2, 2013