Have I got a recipe for you – this recipe is the epitome of perfection for summer – cool, sweet, refreshing, and easy! My recipe for Watermelon Cake is definitely a conversation starter, and it looks stunning. You only need a few simple ingredients – most of which you might already have on hand this time of year.
I love this recipe because it is insanely creative, the sky is the limit when decorating this bad boy. Add kiwi for a pop of green, strawberries around the edge, raspberries across the top…you get the idea! Plus, it’s not only gluten-free, but also a super hydrating way to enjoy your cake!
- 1 large organic watermelon
- 2 cups [raw] heavy whipping cream (where to find raw cream)
- 1/4 cup organic maple syrup (where to buy maple syrup)
- organic blueberries (for garnish)
- organic coconut flakes, toasted (for garnish) (where to buy coconut flakes)
1. Cut both ends off of the watermelon (about two inches on each side). Then place one of the cut sides down on a cutting board and carefully cut the rind off of the watermelon in a circular motion around the edge until you can remove the rind.
2. In a stand mixer, combine the maple syrup and heavy cream, and whip until stiff peaks form. Use this whipping cream to “frost” your watermelon circle.
3. Now decorate your cake with the blueberries and toasted coconut, but you could truly decorate with any type of fruit you would like (kiwi, strawberries, pineapple, etc.)!
4. Cool in the fridge for at least one hour, and now it’s ready to serve! Cut like you would a normal cake.