Fresh tomato mango salsa has quickly become one of my family’s favorite toppings. We’ve spooned it over seasoned, grilled hamburger patties, savory grilled fish filets, and even used it to top salads. In this tomato mango salsa, summer tomatoes meet plump mangoes with a kiss of cilantro, aromatic green onions, and zesty lime. Finally, yogurt and honey add a bit of sweet and sour to round out the salsa.
Tomato mango salsa is another unique and lovely way to use your bountiful harvest of garden fresh tomatoes. Hope you enjoy!
Mangoes like warmer, more tropical climates. Here in Texas, they’re in season from May to September. While I don’t personally have a mango tree, I’ve picked up fresh mangoes from my farmer’s market and thoroughly enjoyed the fleshy fruit. I know they grow well near the coast, but am not sure how my Central Texas farmers do it. Green houses, perhaps? Really fertile riverbed valleys?
Tomato Mango Salsa: The Recipe
Tomato Mango Salsa: The Players
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1/2 cup chopped mango
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 green onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon honey (where to buy honey)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 3 tablespoons plain yogurt (where to buy yogurt starter cultures)
Tomato Mango Salsa: The How-To
1) Mix the tomatoes, mango, cilantro, and green onion by hand in a bowl.
2) In a separate small mixing bowl, combine the honey, lime juice, and yogurt until smooth.
3) Toss the tomato-mango mixture with the yogurt dressing to create your tomato mango salsa. Refrigerate until ready to serve. ENJOY!
I wrote this post while participating in the Sowing Millions Project by Real Food Media on behalf of Seeds of Change. I received product to facilitate my post. However, my thoughts and opinions are my own and not of those of Real Food Media or Seeds of Change.
Latest posts by Kristen Michaelis (see all)
- Win An Alaskan Adventure For Two With Me (over $4000 value) - October 7, 2014
- October Giveaway: Le Creuset Cast Iron Cookware Set (worth $425) - October 2, 2014
- Fight Back Friday August 22nd - August 21, 2014