Every year during the standard holiday dinner, I turn my nose up at sweet potatoes. I’m sorry, but smothering them in shiny white goo and turning them into mush just doesn’t do it for me.
But — and this is a big but — I love sweet potatoes!
How can I possibly love them, when I always reject them?
Well, I don’t always reject them. In fact, I eat them every Thursday night at my favorite local restaurant.
I’m addicted to them.
Sweet potato fries call my name, particularly when coupled with this scrumptious dip — a spicy, tangy mayonnaise made from chipotle peppers, fresh cilantro, and homemade enzyme-rich mayo.
For the sweet fries, you’ll need:
- 2 large, organic sweet potatoes
- cold-pressed, uv-protected olive oil (where to buy REAL olive oil)
- 1 tsp sea salt (where to find real sea salt)
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 tsp dried rosemary
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
For the delectible dip, you’ll need:
- 3 Tbsp enzyme-rich mayo
- 1 tsp raw apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp chipotle chili powder
- 2 Tbsp of finely chopped fresh cilantro
Let’s begin! First, pre-heat your oven to 425F degrees.
Latest posts by Kristen (see all)
- Fight Back Friday December 6th - December 5, 2013
- November Giveaway Winner - December 4, 2013
- New Studies Show Gut Bacteria Are “Mind-altering Microorganisms” - December 2, 2013