Are you a parent? Wondering how you’ll possibly teach your kids about Nutrition in a convincing way? Perhaps you want to know more about Nutrition for yourself and would love an in-depth course that respected your love for full-fat raw dairy from pastured cows, sustainable & organic agriculture, and fermented foods?
Last Spring I announced my intention to create an eCourse in Nutrition for the Fall semester, and I’m pleased to inform you that the day has arrived. You can officially start buying slots in the Real Food Nutrition eCourse for you and your children.
Nutrition fascinates me. It’s a blend of biology, history, chemistry. It’s the story of traditional peoples and what they ate, the story of convenience foods and food manufacturing. It’s the story of modern Industrial agriculture, synthetic fertilizers and pesticides, genetic engineering, and diminishing top soil while also being the story of humane animal husbandry, biodynamic farming, and a respect for life. It’s the story of modern diseases like cancer, diabetes, and heart disease. Yet it also teaches about true health and aging with stamina.
Needless to say, it’s rich, deep, and relevant. You can tell I’m passionate about it, can’t you?
Well, I want to pass that passion on to the next generation.
What’s In The E-Course?
The course is 10 weeks long. Classes begin October 1st and run through December 10th with a week off for Thanksgiving. Each week’s class contains:
- Engaging Reading Assignments
- Time-Saving Audio Files
- Informative yet Entertaining Videos
- Group Discussion Questions
- Creative and Thought-Provoking Projects
Students will learn about:
- The major macro-nutrients (fats, proteins, and carbohydrates) & how your body uses them.
- The micro-nutrients like vitamins, minerals, enzymes, & their affect on health.
- The nutrient density of Real Food
- Industrial vs. Pasture-based animal husbandry
- Industrial vs. Organic agriculture
- The basics of Real Health
Absolutely No Boredom Allowed!
If you enroll, you and your kids will read first-hand accounts from inside the Real Food Revolution, watch video footage of the leading thinkers behind the sustainable food movement, and engage the course materials in a critical, thoughtful way while participating in an online community learning experience.
You’ll get to do experiments at the grocery store, in your kitchen, and (if possible) local farms. I refuse to do the typical school thing and assign boring quizzes, homework assignments, or essay tests.
We’ll have fun. Scouts honor.
Why Sign Yourself or Your Kids Up?
1. You don’t have to create a course from scratch. Rather than having to compile all these resources yourself, you can sit back and let me do the hard work.
2. You don’t even have to grade your child’s work. If you opt to let me, I can grade student coursework.
3. You can sign up multiple children and save! If you choose to NOT have the course graded, you can have as many kids as you like take the course under one registration. If, however, you DO want the course graded, then you will have to register each student. I offer 25% off the second student, 50% off any additional students. Simply email me at kristen AT foodrenegade DOT com for the appropriate coupon.
4. You can finally trust the teacher to get it right. I’ll stay true to the lessons we learn from traditional cultures (via such great organizations as Weston A. Price Foundation), true to the Real Food movement, true to the unbiased Nutrition science that underscores just how important Real Food is for our overall health and well-being.
Watch The Introductory Video
Like What You See?
Visit the Real Food Nutrition & Health E-Course promo page to learn more details. Enrollment closes September 25th, so act soon!
Latest posts by Kristen (see all)
- Fight Back Friday December 6th - December 5, 2013
- November Giveaway Winner - December 4, 2013
- New Studies Show Gut Bacteria Are “Mind-altering Microorganisms” - December 2, 2013