I already had a great diet and was taking the best supplements. But my healing in certain areas wasn’t improving, most notably my energy levels and the functions of most of my organs.
BIG stuff that needed jump-starting. Was it possible that the earth’s electricity could be the missing link? Did I even believe in such a thing?
What is Adrenal Fatigue?
Adrenal fatigue is a collection of signs and symptoms, known as a syndrome, that results when the adrenal glands function below the necessary level… As the name suggests, its paramount symptom is fatigue that is not relieved by sleep… You may look and act relatively normal with adrenal fatigue and may not have any obvious signs of physical illness, yet you live with a general sense of unwellness… With each increment of reduction in adrenal function, every organ and system in your body is more profoundly affected. (source)
An Experiment with the Earth’s Electricity
My naturopath in Vancouver, WA hooked me up to his Tennant Biomodulator during our second appointment. This contraption simulates several different waves of electricity found in nature, sending energy through the body’s meridian. Two stickers attached to wires are placed on the body at acupuncture “gates;” and the wires trail to the contraption itself, just a little hand-held device that can be adjusted according to how high you want the intensity of the electricity frequencies.
This was all new to me.
But I hoped in my doctor’s approach for two reasons: one, I had seen him heal my daughter of asthma with alternative methods (read about his methods and our experience here) and two, I had heard about grounding and exposure to the earth’s electrons from other sources I trusted.
Although I was skeptical the first few times it was mentioned to me, it was beginning to resonate; and eventually I became open-minded to the idea.
When you are really unwell, you are a great petri dish for what will make a change, for what works.
In one 30 minute session of being hooked up to the Tennant Biomodulator I went from feeling exhausted to feeling like a Golden Retriever. In follow up visits, I often felt like going for a run after the treatment. The surge of energy lasted each time for about 24 hours.
I was instructed between the one week visits to walk barefoot on the earth, swim in wild water, snuggle with my kids or pets, lean against a tree, place my feet against the earth while I sat in a chair outside, anything for 20-30 minutes a day, to get me connected to the energy of something living.
What are the health benefits of grounding (aka: “earthing”)?
- Grounding reduces the effects of electromagnetic frequencies (EMF’s) that we’re inundated with in our modern world, (from our computers, phones, sewing machines, power lines etc.)
- Improved organ function! The earth’s electrons come into our body and mobilize, move energy, which causes our organs to surge with operativeness.
- An increase in overall energy results!
- Healing and reduction in inflammation occur.
- Improved sleep results, specifically from the use of grounding sheets. (This was dramatic for me and I discuss this grounding option further below.)
How to Get Grounded Conveniently
- In warmer weather, go barefoot. Even concrete allows some of the earth’s energy through!
- Swim in natural waters: rivers, the ocean, lakes.
- Take naps or read in nature, on nature: right on the sand or grass, no towel down, or against a tree.
- As the weather turns colder, consider bundling up and finding some wet grass to walk on! It feels great! (Dew and rainwater have additional energy in them.)
- In cold weather, use earthing tools: grounding sheets, pads, stickers, and shoes.
How to Access The Earth’s Electricity While Indoors
Because I’m exposed to EMF’s so often with my computer-oriented career, I decided it was time to get a grounding mat to counter-act the effects. I also got a grounding sheet to sleep on.
Both of these have long wires that reach to nearby windows and then grounding stakes that get anchored into the earth. Alternately, if your electrical outlets themselves are grounded, the wires have a plug that can simply be placed in the outlet.
1. At night I unplug our internet and sleep on the grounding sheet.
2. Three to five times a week I go for a walk on wet grass. (I have found wet grass to be noticeably helpful for my energy levels.)
3. I connect myself during computer work to either the grounding mat (where my feet rest) or similar small grounding pads that can be placed on localized areas of pain, to assist with healing.
To read more about the grounding materials I purchased and my reviews of these items, come see my Facebook page: Eat Beautiful. I’ll be sharing photographs and further details all this week and beyond. I’ll also share the WEIRD thing that happens to both my husband and me while sleeping on our grounding sheet!
The moral of the story is that anyone who needs healing should look into one or more forms of grounding. And yes, it is also beneficial for those who aren’t sick. Everyone needs contact with the earth’s electrons.
Tennant Biomodulators cost about $2500. If you have that kind of money for healthcare, I highly recommend buying yourself one and getting hooked up!
For the rest of us, amen that wet grass is free!
(photos by Megan Stevens)