I’ll let you in on a not-so-secret secret. I don’t like fermenting vegetables with whey as the starter culture. Something about the dairy smell of the whey mixed with the fermenting veggies is simply off putting to me. Rather, when I ferment vegetables, I either do a wild ferment, or I use a vegetable starter culture.
Have you ever used a vegetable starter culture? They’re wonderful. They help your veggie ferments get consistent results. (Nothing is more disappointing then making a familiar ferment and having it fail.) I use the vegetable starter culture to ferment raisin chutney, salad dressing, dill pickle relish, mayonnaise, mustard, and ketchup. You can use it to make sauerkraut or kimchi. Really, you can use it to ferment just about any vegetable.
This week, Wise Choice Market is generously giving away 2 packages of Caldwell’s vegetable starter culture and two 1/2 pound bags of a fine sea salt to use for fermenting to two of my lucky readers.
What You’ll Win
One of my lucky readers will win:
- 2 packages of Caldwell’s vegetable starter culture
- 2 half pound bags of fine sea salt
How To Enter
1. Click on the link below and sign up for Wise Choice Market’s newsletter (REQUIRED). Anyone who attempts to enter the giveaway without first doing this will lose their entries.
After you’ve signed up for the newsletter, you must come back here and comment letting me know you’ve done so.
2. All additional optional entries are being managed by Rafflecopter. Please use the Rafflecopter widget below to enter.
This giveaway is open to U.S. Residents only and will run through next Monday April 23rd. The winner will be announced later that week. Good luck!
Latest posts by Kristen (see all)
- Fight Back Friday December 6th - December 5, 2013
- November Giveaway Winner - December 4, 2013
- New Studies Show Gut Bacteria Are “Mind-altering Microorganisms” - December 2, 2013