Making kombucha for the first time was like a revelation. I felt like a master of the universe, but in this case it was just a gallon-sized jar of fermented tea. There were some things about the process that were a little bit gross — like handling the SCOBY for the first time, or filtering out strings of dead yeast that looked suspiciously like loogies. But when I sat down to drink my first glass of homemade apple-jasmine kombucha, I was in love. Kombucha became my family’s beverage of choice for breakfast and lunch. Only at dinner did we indulge in a glass of raw milk from grass-fed cows.
This week, I’m giving away the Ultimate Kombucha Making Kit (a $50 value!), courtesy of one of my sponsors, Julie from Cultures for Health. You’ll win everything you need to get yourself started brewing kombucha.
- Plastic Strainer
- 4 Flip-top Bottles
- 8 oz. Oolong Tea
- Set of pH Strips
The only missing ingredients are sugar to feed your starter, and a large, gallon-sized glass container for the ferment (you can pick these up at any Hobby Lobby, Michaels, Target, Wal-Mart, etc. for just $5).
How to Enter
YOU MUST leave a separate comment for each of the following possible ways to enter.
1. The first step to entering the contest is to click on the link below. You’ll be taken to the Cultures For Health website where you can sign up for Julie’s ultra-informative newsletter. After you’ve signed up there, be sure to come back here and leave me a comment telling me you did it.
Be sure to leave a comment below. That’s good for one entry. For additional chances to win, do any of the following:
2. Blog about this giveaway and link back to this page on your blog. Comment below with the link. (1 extra entry)
3. Sign up for my weekly email newsletter using the form below. Leave a comment below telling me that you signed up. You will also get an entry if you already subscribe — be sure to leave a comment! (3 extra entries)
4. Follow me on Twitter and tweet about the giveaway. Be sure to include the URL to this page in your tweet. Click the Twitter icon button at the bottom of the post, or you can use the following tweet: “PLEASE don’t enter to win this Ultimate Kombucha Making Kit from @foodrenegade! I want it all for myself. http://bit.ly/vDrVs2” Leave a comment telling me that you followed & tweeted. (1 extra entry)
5. Email 5 friends about the giveaway, with a link to this page. Leave a comment below telling me that you did. (1 extra entry)
6. LIKE my Facebook page and share about the giveaway on Facebook, linking to this post. (2 extra entries!)
There are a total of 9 possible entries!
Questions? Comment below.
This contest will end Wednesday, November 9th at 11:59 PM PST. Winner will be announced the following Friday, November 11th.