First, let me thank you all for your prayers and notes during the past couple of weeks surrounding my grandmother’s death. I am so grateful that I’m in a line of work that I can literally drop when grief comes knocking, and instead of being annoyed my “employers” (that’d be you guys!) write me with notes of concern and encouragement!
This week I’m attempting to get back into my normal routines, and I’ve lined up something I am absolutely THRILLED about: an online Treasure Hunt!
This is not your average giveaway, though the prize is certainly mouthwatering — a goody bag from Wilderness Family Naturals that includes a Popcorn making kit (complete with an organic spice mix and THE perfect healthy popcorn popping oil), soaked and dehydrated mixed nuts for snacking, and even a quart of one of my favorite coconut oils!
What You’ll Win
A goody bag valued at $96.84 from Wilderness Family Naturals that includes:
- 1 quart almond-pecan nut butter (made from soaked & dehydrated nuts!)
- 1 quart organic centrifuged coconut oil
- 5.8 oz soaked and dehydrated mixed nuts
- Popcorn basket: 2 pounds organic popcorn, 5.0 oz savory popcorn seasoning, 16 fl. Oz. organic popcorn oil.
You may not realize what makes each of these foods so special.
First, all the nut products are made from properly soaked and dehydrated nuts. That translates into nuts with reduced anti-nutrient content (like phytic acid), so that the nutrients in the nuts are actually more available and the nuts themselves are easier to digest.
Second, the popcorn oil is the answer to your popcorn dreams. If you’ve been looking for an oil that can handle the higher heat necessary to pop popcorn safely without creating oxidized fats, look no further! That’s because it’s a blend of coconut oil and palm oils. The anti-oxidants in the palm oil help stabilize the coconut oil so it can handle higher heat without smoking or oxidation. And it tastes AMAZING — just like movie popcorn tasted when I was a kid! (You know, before they switched to popping popcorn in trans-fat laden vegetable oils.)
Third, the centrifuged coconut oil is arguably one of the best, most safe ways to low-temperature extract coconut oil on a large scale. You will not be disappointed!
How To Play
So, here’s the deal. This isn’t an ordinary giveaway. It’s a Treasure Hunt.
1) Click on the link below and go to the Wilderness Family Naturals website.
2) Once there, you need to HUNT FOR TREASURE. In this case, you’re looking for a piece of information you didn’t know prior to clicking through to their website. It could be a tidbit about how they make a particular product or an explanation of why they make things the way the do. You get the idea. My real hope here is for you to discover what I already know: this family rocks. They research, research, and research some more in order to provide food and other products that they honestly believe to be among the best on the planet. And, even when a product is less than ideal, you can bet they’re working tirelessly behind the scenes to find a way to make it even better.
3) When you’ve found your treasure, come back here and share it in the comments along with a link back to the webpage where you found the treasured tidbit.
Now, here’s the real catch: you can not share a treasure already shared by a prior comment. If you do, your entry will not count! There are no additional ways to enter (although I’d be thrilled if you would share the giveaway with your friends and family on Facebook or any other social media site). The Treasure Hunt will end one week from today, on Monday April 16th!
More Good News
Because many of you will discover great products you didn’t previously know much about, Wilderness Family Naturals is offering the following coupon to encourage you to go ahead and buy whatever goodies interested you most. The coupon is only good for one use, so make sure you’ve got your order together before you take the plunge. Just click on the link below to use the coupon code SPRING15 to save 15% on your order. The coupon expires two weeks from today, on Monday April 23rd!
Latest posts by Kristen Michaelis (see all)
- Fight Back Friday April 18th - April 17, 2014
- Fight Back Friday April 11th - April 10, 2014
- How to Green the World’s Deserts: Reversing Desertification with Grass-fed Cows - April 8, 2014