Like kombucha, kvass is an ancient fermented beverage known for promoting optimal health. First mentioned in Old Russian Chronicles in 989, kvass is the most common non-alcoholic beverage drunk in Slavic countries. It has been said that throughout its history, it has (in some places and times) been more popular than water. Visit any major city in any Slavic country today, and chances are you’ll see kvass vendors on the street.
Like beer, Kvass can turn quite foamy, particularly when made from rye. Veggie kvass ferments tend to simply be fizzy. A refreshing thirst-quencher, a tonic for digestion, a probiotic, and a powerful detoxifier, kvass has deserved its prominent place in Slavic cultures.
Because I believe so firmly in the power of living, fermented foods to help heal the gut and transform health, I’m pleased to be giving away 6 bottles of kvass this week (in varieties of your choosing)!
One of my sponsors, Zukay Live Foods, has created a new line of Kvass beverages, including:
- Beet Kvass
- Beet Ginger Kvass
- Carrot Ginger Kvass
- Veggie Medley Kvass
If you’ve never tried kvass, I think you’ll want to. It has a very rich, full-bodied flavor and isn’t nearly as acidic as kombucha. Mildly sweet, salty, and pleasantly tart — that’s how I’d describe it.
What You’ll Win
Your choice of 6 Zukay Kvass drinks.
How to Enter
Leave a separate comment for each of the following possible ways to enter.
1. The first step to entering the contest is to click on the link below. You’ll be taken to the Zukay Live Foods website, where you can check out their entire line of naturally fermented, probiotic dressings, salsas, and drinks. Then, come back here and leave a comment letting me know which products/flavors you’re most interested in trying.
Now, leave a comment below. That’s good for one entry. For additional chances to win, do any of the following:
2. Blog about this giveaway and link back to this page on your blog. Comment below with the link. (1 extra entry)
3. Sign up for my email updates or RSS feed. Leave a comment below telling me that you signed up. You will also get an entry if you already subscribe — be sure to leave a comment! (1 extra entry)
4. Follow me on Twitter and tweet about the giveaway. Be sure to include the URL to this page in your tweet. Click the Twitter icon button at the bottom of the post, or you can use the following tweet: “Don’t enter to win the FREE Zukay Kvass sampler pack! I want these delicious drinks all to myself. http://tinyurl.com/248k8zy” Leave a comment telling me that you followed & tweeted. (1 extra entry)
5. Email 5 friends about the giveaway, with a link to this page. Leave a comment below telling me that you did. (1 extra entry)
6. Stumble this post and leave me a comment telling me that you did. (1 extra entry)
7. LIKE my newly created Facebook page and share about the giveaway on Facebook, linking to this post. (2 extra entries!)
There are a total of 8 possible entries!
Questions? Comment below.
This contest will end Sunday, November 28thth at 11:59 PM PST. Winner will be announced the following Monday. Please note this contest is only open to those with U.S. shipping addresses.
Latest posts by Kristen (see all)
- Grain-Free Chocolate Almond Crackles - December 11, 2013
- Magnesium Deficiency: Symptoms, Causes, & Treatment - December 11, 2013
- Fight Back Friday December 6th - December 5, 2013