It’s fast. It’s nutritious. It’s Egg Drop Soup.
My kids love it, and it’s a tasty way to get quality animal proteins into our diet without spending a fortune. We have it with lunch or dinner about once a week.
It also has the added benefit of being primal. You know — the kind of thing our ancestors might have eaten 10,000 years ago.
And if you make it with a hearty bone broth, then it will be even more nutrient dense!
So, enough praises. Here’s the recipe.
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 stalks of celery, diced (optional)
- 1 Tbsp butter from pastured cows
- 8 cups of chicken broth (where to buy chicken broth)
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger (fresh if you have it)
- 1 tsp soy sauce (unpasteurized and unrefined)
- 1/4 tsp sesame oil
- salt to taste
- 3 Tbsp arrowroot powder (or corn starch) + 3 Tbsp water
- 6 eggs from pastured hens