The following is a guest post written by my friend Joyce Schmalz. Joyce is the brains behind The Skinny Pear, a completely kick ass food blog.
WARNING: these Grain-Free Chocolate Almond Crackle cookies are highly addictive!! These are the type of cookies you will want to hide and keep for yourself.
As I worked on completing my first ever e-cookbook — Just Eat the Damn Cookie, I thought any good cookbook definitely needs a crackle cookie in it. These grain-free cookies are bites of chocolaty goodness with the deliciousness of almond and the sweetness of maple syrup. Yeah, you are going to want to make these bad boys!
Grain-Free Chocolate Almond Crackles
- 4 cups almond flour (where to buy almond flour)
- 1 5/8 tsp baking powder (where to find aluminum-free baking powder)
- ¼ cup coconut flour (where to buy organic coconut flour)
- 2 squares unsweetened chocolate (where to find GMO-free, soy-free chocolate)
- 1 cup maple syrup (where to find organic, grade-B maple syrup)
- ¼ cup butter (where to find butter from grass-fed cows)
- 2 tbsp vanilla (where to find organic, pure vanilla)
- 1 egg (use healthy eggs from pasture-raised hens)
- Icing sugar(optional) (where to find organic, fair-trade powdered sugar)
Start off by combining the dry ingredients in a bowl and set aside. In a saucepan melt chocolate and butter together. Add maple syrup, vanilla and beat in egg. Add to dry ingredients and stir until completely combined.
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, roll cookie into balls and roll in icing sugar if desired. Press down with fork. Bake in a 350F oven for 20-24 mins. The cookies should start to “crack” when they are done.
That’s it! These mofo’s are out of this world!
When she’s not busy cooking, studying or taking photo’s she’s hanging at the beach with her family or skiing down the mountains.
For delicious dessert recipes created by an award-winning pastry chef similar to this one (dairy-free and grain-free), I highly recommend the Paleo Sweets Cookbook.
It’s got 73 mouthwatering recipes for healthy desserts, including:
- Grain-Free Oreos,
- Key Lime Pie,
- Grain-Free Snickerdoodles,
- Double Chocolate Hazelnut Cake, and more!
At the moment, the printed version of this cookbook is 100% free to Food Renegade readers. You just cover shipping & handling.