Last month, I let my geek flag fly. How did I do it? I built a new custom desktop computer. One of my friends helped me build it, and while talking to him about exactly what I wanted my computer to do and how I planned on using it I had an epiphany.
In 5 years time, the only people using desktop computers will be geeks, gamers, and grandmas. The rest of us will be entirely on mobile devices of some kind.
Right now, nearly 70% of the traffic to Food Renegade comes via mobile devices — about 50% on phones and about 20% on tablets.
Just a year ago that number was at about 30%.
You see my point? Mobile is the future. Because of that, I’m excited beyond words to announce the arrival of a Food Renegade app!
Food Renegade App Available in iTunes, Google Play, & Amazon
Food Renegade is an ancestral nutrition and food politics blog. In this app, you’ll get:
- The latest blog posts, with notifications to let you know when a new post is published.
- Full article index (decoding labels, nutrition and health, food politics, newbie tips, and more)
- Full recipe index (mostly grain-free, all 100 percent real food).
- Online shopping guide (my sources of choice for everything from coconut oil to toothpaste).
- 2 community photo albums (upload and share photos of real food and fellow foodies).
- Food Renegade’s Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter feeds all in one place.
In other words, this is THE one stop shop to stay in touch with Food Renegade.
The part of this app that has me most excited, though?
Community photo albums. We can share photos of our dinners, photos of our farmers, photos of our real food kids helping us in the kitchen.
It’s a chance for us to truly get to know each other and form an inspiring community of educated, empowered people.
Get the Food Renegade App today!
Please note: Downloading the app costs $0.99. This small fee ensures that the app is entirely ad-free and pays to keep it in the app stores.
P.S. This app has recently been updated to add new features. As such, the screen shots in the app stores are a bit outdated. I’m trying to get recent ones up there, but it’s a many-stepped process that takes a while. Thanks for your patience!