Homemade popcorn is the perfect gluten-free snack. It’s crunchy and you can dress it up any way you want: sweet or salty. I went with a salty dill and basil version that will blow you out of the water, you will never want popcorn any other way.
Who knew that by dusting a few spices and seasonings on top of your homemade popcorn you could transform it into something incredible? This popcorn is great for watching a movie or for an afternoon snack for the kids.
I recommend buying organic popcorn, not necessarily to avoid GMOs (as all popcorn is GMO-free and is in no danger of cross-pollinating with GMO corn) but because popcorn is one of the most pesticide-laden crops in the U.S.
Dill & Basil Homemade Popcorn
- 7 to 8 cups prepared organic popcorn (about 1/2 cup unpopped) (where to buy)
- 1/4 cup grass-fed butter, melted (where to find grass-fed butter)
- 2 and 1/2 teaspoon dried organic basil
- 2 and 1/2 teaspoon dried organic dill
- 3 tablespoons nutritional yeast (where to buy)
- 1 teaspoon dried organic chili powder
- sea salt to taste (where to buy real U.S. sourced sea salt)
1. Prepare the popcorn as directed on the package in a pan with coconut oil, or in an air popper. Move to a very large glass bowl.
2. While the popcorn is still hot, drizzle the butter to evenly coat the popcorn.
3. Quickly sprinkle the basil, dill, nutritional yeast, salt, and chili powder on top of the popcorn. Distribute evenly on the popcorn by quickly mixing the popcorn until the popped kernels are coated in butter and seasonings.
4. Pop in a movie and enjoy!