It’s time we got inspired. Time we united. Time we shared our collective wisdom. There are a surprising number of people in our fold:
- Traditional foodies
- Raw foodies
- Paleo/Primal dieters
- Slow foodies
- People inspired to eat locally-grown, sustainably produced food
Each of us is dedicated to eating Real Food. Each of us is rebelling against conventional norms in order to nourish our bodies, our families, our spirits.
There are so many things we can learn from each other — how to prepare foods, new recipes to try, new ways to be frugal & thrifty while still eating nutrient-dense whole foods, new ways to answer for our food choices and think about our lives.
That’s why I organized Fight Back Fridays for us card carrying challengers of conventional nutritional wisdom.
What is Fight Back Fridays?
It’s your standard blog carnival, but it’s all about being Food Renegades. Who are the Food Renegades? Well, they’re the adventurous ones — the people who opt out of the industrialized food system, distrust standard nutritional advice, and embrace Real Food.
They’re the people who are fighting back against the dominate food culture — one forkful of food at a time.
You know who you are.
If you’re a fellow Food Renegade (or a newbie or a wannabe), this carnival is for you. You can post:
- updates & stories about your Real Food journey,
- anything you think others might find useful, helpful, encouraging, or inspiring.
Yes, ANY subject related to being a Food Renegade is game. The goal here is variety! I won’t announce weekly topics. YOU decide what YOU want to share, based on what’s going on in YOUR life. Participating really couldn’t be any easier!
To see past Fight Back Fridays in action, click here.
Here’s how it works:
- Fight Back Fridays is open to anyone with a blog that wants to join us by linking up to a post on their blog that’s relevant to the topic. If your post is in your archives, that’s fine. Just post a new post at your blog on Friday pointing people to your old post or posts and linking back to my Fight Back Friday post.
- In order to make browsing as easy as possible, please link to your individual Fight Back Fridays post instead of to your home page. We’ll be using Mr. Linky to link up to your posts, so adding your post to the carnival will be EASY.
- When adding your name to Mr. Linky please make sure to tell us what your post is about in 4 words or less. Here are some examples of the right way: “Kim (first time making sauerkraut)” or “Jennifer (grain-free pancakes)” or “Scott (benefits of raw milk)” or “Doug (kid friendly real food). You get the idea.
- Please feel free to let us know if you are new to Fight Back Fridays (so we can be sure to visit and welcome you) by putting “I’m new” or “first one” in brackets after your name in Mr. Linky.
- Although you are not required to use any of the Fight Back Fridays banners below you are more than welcome to do so by right clicking on any of them, saving to your hard drive and uploading to your post the same way you would a picture.
- Please mention Fight Back Fridays in your post and link back to my weekly Fight Back Fridays post here at Food Renegade. I reserve the right to delete those links that don’t adhere to this.
- I’ll post my Fight Back Fridays post late Thursday night at 10 p.m. (CST). You’re welcome to join me then.
Fight Back Friday Banners
PLEASE NOTE: The smaller banners are also available as badges for your sites over on my sidebar so that you can sport your Real Food Lovin’ Pride and inspire others to join us in the Real Food Revolution. Just copy the code and paste it into your sidebar.
Come on, people. Let’s change the way America (and the industrialized world) eats!