Today at the Farmer’s Market I got a great deal on pecan meal. Because it’s basically the toss-asides created during the shelling process, pecan meal cost half as much as the already shelled pecans. When I tweeted about my find, several people asked what I do with pecan meal.
A host of ideas leaped to mind: pecan crusted meat dishes, a couple of salad dressings I love, even pecan waffles! I made one of the salad dressings tonight for dinner — a pecan garlic salad dressing. Now you can enjoy it too!
Pecan Garlic Salad Dressing Recipe
- 1/2 c. olive oil (cold pressed & UV-protected; where to find REAL olive oil)
- 1/4 c. raw apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 c. pecan meal (finely chopped pecans)
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. raw honey
Mix all the ingredients together. Serve. For a smoother dressing, you can blend in a food processor.
How easy is that?
(top photo by anushruti)
Latest posts by Kristen (see all)
- November Giveaway Winner - December 4, 2013
- New Studies Show Gut Bacteria Are “Mind-altering Microorganisms” - December 2, 2013
- December Giveaway: 6-in-1 Electric Instant Pot Pressure Cooker ($120 value) - December 1, 2013