Getting Started With Essential Oils
Let me just start by saying this…
Essential Oils aren’t going to cure cancer, reverse global warming, or bring world peace.
But given some of the claims that the natural health community is making these days, you’d likely conclude that they could.
So what is so special about essential oils?
They distill the health-promoting essences of plants into a concentrated, pure form.
For example, it takes 60,000 roses to produce just 1 oz of rose essential oil.
You guys! This is crazy.
For hundreds (and sometimes thousands) of years, herbalists have been mixing, infusing, extracting, and preserving these plants to create effective, natural remedies.
And now we’ve got these plants distilled into incredibly potent drops of oil?
It’s almost like a miracle.
It definitely requires caution.
As much as I enjoy using essential oils, I think one of our greatest priorities ought to be using these oils safely. That’s why I’ve taken a conservative approach to essential oils on Food Renegade. They’re only mentioned in a few posts and usually in reference to something homemade (like toothpaste).
All that said, I still love my oils.
Precisely because essential oils are so powerful, they’re also wildly effective.
I’ve personally enjoyed using them to help:
- remove the itch from insect bites
- calm cranky children
- relieve stress headaches
- promote better sleep
- support my family’s immune systems when sick
- increase my mental clarity when I’m working
Don’t Make My Mistake
When I started using essential oils, I bought oils one at a time (usually off Amazon) based on exactly what I thought I needed.
Little did I know that I was paying A LOT more for those oils than I needed to by purchasing them one at a time. I thought “Hey, I’m a beginner. I don’t want to buy any expensive kits or sign up for any kind of monthly plan.”
But I wish I’d done it differently. That’s because being a wholesale member is such a better value, and there are no monthly minimum purchase requirements.
How To Get Started
If you’re ready to start using essential oils, the most popular (and money saving!) way to do it is to sign up as a wholesale member (Wellness Advocate).
Wholesale membership costs $35/year for the first year and $25/year after that (kind of like a Costco membership). And get this! The fee is waived with the purchase of an enrollment kit.
As a wholesale member, you’ll get:
- 25% savings on everything you purchase (best discount!)
- Option to purchase an enrollment kit and waive your $35 enrollment fee.
- The ability to build a team and earn commissions & bonuses if you wish to do so.
- Lots of support from my team, including access to free training videos (worth $500).
You’ll also have the chance to take advantage of the Loyalty Rewards Program, which gives you even deeper savings (and earns you FREE OILS), on top of your 25% off!
I recommend the doTerra Wholesale Membership (Wellness Advocate) because it gives the best discount on doTerra products.
What to Buy
One of the biggest benefits of signing up as a wholesale member/Wellness Advocate is that you can purchase an enrollment kit. These kits allow you to start your oils journey with the most popular essential oils.
The Family Physician Kit ($150) Includes
- 5 ml Lavender Essential Oil
- 5 ml Lemon Essential Oil
- 5 ml Peppermint Essential Oil
- 5 ml Melaleuca Essential Oil
- 5 ml Oregano Essential Oil
- 5 ml Frankinsence Essential Oil
- 5 ml Deep Blue Essential Oil Blend
- 5 ml Breathe Essential Oil Blend
- 5 ml DigestZen Essential Oil Blend
- 5 ml OnGuard Essential Oil Blend
- PLUS A BONUS OIL: Slim & Sassy Essential Oil Blend (to promote a healthy metabolism)
1. Are there any required minimums?
Nope. You can order as much as you’d like, as often as you’d like, whenever you’d like.
2. Do I have to buy a kit?
No. The kits are optional, but I think they’re definitely the best value.
3. Isn’t this an MLM?
Yes, doTERRA is a multi-level marketing company. If you’re like I used to be, when you hear MLM, you think “pyramid scheme.” This is NOT a pyramid scheme. In a pyramid scheme, “investors” sign people up and offer no goods in exchange — just the promise of future financial reward. Instead, we’re like Mary Kay. Rather than spending millions on advertising, doTERRA’s opted to let its customers do the advertising for them. A “normal” company markets their product to strangers and uses advertising to do it. Instead of buying up ad space somewhere, doTERRA (like Mary Kay) spends it’s “ad budget” paying commissions and bonuses to their customers .
4. Do I need to “sell” oils to be a wholesale member?
No. There is absolutely no obligation to sell or meet monthly quotas.
5. But if you’d like to earn some extra income…
THIS IS HUGE.
As a Wholesale Member, you’ll have the option of turning this into a business where you can earn commissions.
These commissions? They’re passive, residual income. That means that once you set everything up, you’ll keep earning money months or even years from now.
My team has read all the fine print and figured out the easiest, fastest way for you to start earning this income, and we’re committed to teaching you how to do it. If this is something you’re interested in, sign up with me and I’ll help you get started!
HOW TO SIGN UP AS A WHOLESALE MEMBER:
2. Select “Wholesale Prices.” This signs you up as a wholesale member/Wellness Advocate.
3. The Enroller ID and Sponsor ID boxes ought to already be filled in with my number, but if they aren’t use my number: 1099702.
4. Add your personal information. (NOTE: DoTerra needs your SSN for tax purposes because if you make over $600/year selling their products, they are required by law to send you a tax form 1099 in the mail. DoTerra never shares this info with anyone.)
5. Set up your first order. This will be charged immediately and shipped as soon as possible. I recommend the Family Physician Kit as this gives you a good range of oils, waves your enrollment fee, and isn’t all that expensive. However, if you want to save even more money by purchasing a larger kit, I recommend the Natural Solutions Kit. (It not only saves you $90, but also comes with a LOT more oils and a diffuser.)
6. Set up your monthly orders. You don’t have to do this, but I highly recommend it (particularly if you’re hoping to earn commissions and get FREE OILS). This is your chance to join the Loyalty Rewards Program. This is a monthly autoship program. You will not be immediately charged for this, but are instead setting up a future order. You pick the billing date (I recommend a date before the 15th since this qualifies you for a FREE product every month), and you can change your order at any time and order different items each month. And, if you ever decide it’s not for you, you can cancel at any time.
CHECK OUT THE REWARDS YOU EARN IN THIS PROGRAM:
Again, you don’t have to enroll in the Loyalty Rewards Program, but if you do, you’ll get a TON of free essential oils.
See how that first box on the left says months 1-3? That means for every $100 you buy, you are going to get $10 back in FREE product credits that you can redeem when you want! You’re already getting 25% off of retail, and this is an ADDITIONAL 10% off! By the end of your first year in this program, you’ll be earning an additional 30% back!
Want to join my Private Facebook Group about Essential Oils?
If you are not already working with an essential oil company, please join me and my Renegade Oils Team (Amanda, Lindsey, and Frances) as we ask and answer questions about safety, uses, tips, and more. We will be using Essential Oil Safety: A Guide for Health Care Professionals as our guide for essential oil use rather than the recommendations of doTERRA, Google, or the really convincing mother of five who lives down the street.
(A NOTE: While I’m impressed by the doTERRA guide for their essential oils, I prefer to take a more conservative approach with these truly potent medicinal plants.)
If you are already working with an essential oil company, please do not ask to participate in this group. As much as I would love to help everyone, my team simply can not offer support to an overly-large group at this time.