…at least not if you take Michael Pollan’s advice and only eat junk food you make yourself. (Don’t know who Michael Pollan is? You absolutely MUST READ his bestselling book The Omnivore’s Dilemma. It’s the single most important book on food in America today.)
I tend to agree with Pollan’s assessment. If you only eat junk food you made from scratch, a couple of things will happen:
1) You’ll eat a lot less of it, and
2) It’ll probably be healthier for you.
So, say yes to donuts (just make them with sprouted flour and fry them in lard).
Latest posts by Kristen Michaelis (see all)
- Does the USDA Really Need Submachine Guns? - October 21, 2014
- Win An Alaskan Adventure For Two With Me (over $4000 value) - October 7, 2014
- October Giveaway: Le Creuset Cast Iron Cookware Set (worth $425) - October 2, 2014