Recipes for jalepeño poppers are a dime a dozen. There are so many variations on the theme of stuffed jalepeño peppers — bacon-wrapped jalepeños stuffed with cream cheese, refried beans, even smoked salmon. Growing up in Texas, jalepeño poppers of one variety or another made a show at every party. And just about every fast food chain or down-home restaurant serves up its own take on the jalepeño popper as a crowd-pleasing appetizer.
But here’s the thing. Following most recipes for jalepeño poppers is labor intensive. You’ve got to cut each jalepeño in half, seed the jalepeño halves, stuff each jalepeño half with something gooey, then either wrap the jalepeño up in bacon or roll it in breadcrumbs before baking it.
So, I got inspired. Why not transform my favorite jalepeño popper recipe into a dip?
Jalepeño Popper Dip Recipe
- 1 lb of homemade, full-fat cottage cheese
- 1 C. of mayonnaise (where to buy mayo made with healthy oils)
- 8 slices of cooked uncured bacon from foraged hogs, diced (where to find bacon from foraged hogs)
- 5 jalepeño peppers, diced
- 1/2 tsp. cumin (where to buy organic, non-irradiated spices)
- 1 1/2 C. cheddar cheese, shredded (where to buy cheese from grass-fed cows)
- 1/2 C. coconut flour (where to buy coconut flour)
- 1/2 C. almond flour (where to buy almond flour)
- 1 C. Parmesan cheese, shredded
- 6 tbsp. butter from grass-fed cows, melted (where to buy pastured butter)
- 1/4 C. cilantro, cut
Preheat oven to 375F degrees.
Combine the cottage cheese, mayonnaise, bacon, jalapeños, cumin and cheddar cheese in a mixing bowl. Pour the mixture into a casserole dish or 9×13 baking dish.
Combine the coconut flour, almond flour, Parmesan cheese and melted butter in a bowl, stirring until the mixture is evenly moist. Sprinkle over the top of the baking dish.
Bake in the preheated oven for 25 minutes, or until the top is golden brown. Let rest for a few minutes, then sprinkle the top with fresh cilantro. Serve your jalepeño popper dip with homemade corn tortilla chips, Grain-Free Garlic Rosemary Crackers, or sliced vegetables (we like jicama).
(photo by saucesupreme)
Latest posts by Kristen (see all)
- November Giveaway Winner - December 4, 2013
- New Studies Show Gut Bacteria Are “Mind-altering Microorganisms” - December 2, 2013
- December Giveaway: 6-in-1 Electric Instant Pot Pressure Cooker ($120 value) - December 1, 2013