Every now and then I experiment with ways to put more recent readers in touch with some of the most interesting articles and recipes I’ve shared (which are now gathering dust in my archives).
I saw Kelly The Kitchen Kop recently do a May Round-Up, thanking her top referrers AND sharing her top 5 pages for the month of May. It looked like fun! So, I decided to copy her, but build on what she did. Not only will I be thanking my top referrers & sharing the most popular posts from this month, but I’ll also share the most popular posts from May 2009.
(And, just in case you care, that’s a photo of me and my youngest son taken the last week of May. I’m 32 weeks pregnant with my third child in that picture. Can you tell? Anyhow, since the theme of this post is the month of May, I thought it was appropriate!)
Top Five Referrers
(Besides the big ones like Google, Stumble Upon, Twitter, & Facebook)
- Rod Dreher’s BeliefNet blog, Rod is the publications director for the Templeton Foundation & author of Crunchy Cons: How Birkenstocked Burkeans, gun-loving organic gardeners, evangelical free-range farmers, hip homeschooling mamas, right-wing nature lovers, and their diverse tribe of countercultural conservatives plan to save America (or at least the Republican Party). How’s that for a book title?
- Real Food Media. Did you know that if you have a blog featuring Real Food, you can now join Real Food Media & earn money as an affiliate? The first step is to get yourself a handy widget like the one I’ve got in my sidebar by clicking the “Click Here To Add This Widget To Your Blog” button. It works kinda like Foodie Blog Roll, but it’s for all us Real Foodies.
- Mark’s Daily Apple. Home of Mark Sisson, author of the Primal Blueprint.
- You’ve Got To Taste This. The blog that shares discoveries at MyRecipes.com
- Healthy Eating Politics. Featuring alternative views on food & health.
Thank you to all my top referrers!
Did You Miss These Posts?
- Should You Use Sunscreen?
- Should You Drink Coffee?
- RoundUp Resistant Weeds Not A Surprise
- Versatile Broccoli Casserole
- Save Small Scale Slaughterhouses
- How To Make Butter
- Buttery Patty Pan Squash with Basil Recipe
- Healthy Eggs: What To Buy
- What Are Superfoods?
- GMOs and Pharmaceuticals
Hope you guys like this kind of thing. It seemed like fun to me!
Latest posts by Kristen Michaelis (see all)
- Does the USDA Really Need Submachine Guns? - October 21, 2014
- Win An Alaskan Adventure For Two With Me (over $4000 value) - October 7, 2014
- October Giveaway: Le Creuset Cast Iron Cookware Set (worth $425) - October 2, 2014