Admit it. You need to mop daily, but are too lazy to do it. Okay, so maybe I’m not describing YOU, but I’m definitely describing ME. With kids and pet traffic, kitchen spills, and a fetish about clean floors, I really do feel like I need to mop daily. But I also can’t stand dragging out my mop bucket and filling it with hot water, can’t stand mopping with an inefficient mop that feels like it’s just pushing dirt around, can’t stand going over sticky spots repeatedly until they’re clean, yet also can’t stand using some poisonous toxic cleaner like PineSol to make such spots come up easily.
It’s why Swiffers are so darn appealing. You just whip them out and go. They’re light weight, they clean reasonably well for what they are. Yet you have to throw away far, far too many disposables to keep this budding environmentalist happy. AND they still mostly work because of toxic chemicals that assault your nostrils the second you push the magic button to make them squirt.
I’d like to introduce you to the answer to my mopping prayers (and possibly the answer to yours)! It’s called the Norwex Superior Mop, and it’s super-efficient, light-weight, and very environmentally friendly (cleans with only hot water).
Guess what else? This week I’m giving away one of these babies to a lucky reader. I sure do hope you win.
The Norwex Mop is 100% microfiber so it’s picks up “even the smallest particles of dust and dirt, and 99.9% of the germs and bacteria on your floor by just using water.” It functions similarly to a Swiffer in that you have a flat mop head on a swivel base with a super-adjustable handle, so it’s easy to use. But the similarity ends there. Instead of using disposable pads and toxic chemicals to clean, it uses a re-usable microfiber pad that cleans with just hot water.
Last Thanksgiving, my fellow blogger Ann Marie at Cheeseslave tried out a Norwex Mop, raved about it, then decided to give one away. At that time, Ann Marie asked Marilyn of Urban Homemaker (who sold her the mop), to explain why this mop cleans so well. Marilyn answered:
The Norwex microfibers are 1/100 the diameter of a human hair, so they operate like a bionic sponge absorbing dirt and grime, with just water. It is a much deeper clean so doesn’t get so dirty so quick. Chemicals make the surface sticky and cotton mops spread the dirt and chemicals around and are just about impossible to rinse thoroughly, so the dirt spreads.
The mop also comes with a dry-use microfiber cloth that you can use to sweep your floor or even get nasty cobwebs out of high corners.
How To Enter
The first step to entering the contest is to click on the link below. You’ll be taken to the Urban Homemaker website, where you’ll fill out a contest entry form. You will automatically be signed up for Marilyn’s email newsletter — full of handy information, tips, and tricks for the busy homemaker. If you don’t want to sign up for her newsletter, just click on the little opt out box below the entry form. Again, you must CLICK ON THE LINK and enter your email address at the Urban Homemaker site to be entered in the contest.
That’s good for one entry. For additional chances to win, do any of the following:
1. Blog about this giveaway and link back to this page on your blog. Comment below with the link. (1 extra entry)
2. Sign up for my email updates or RSS feed. Leave a comment below telling me that you signed up. You will also get an entry if you already subscribe — be sure to leave a comment! (1 extra entry)
3. Follow me on Twitter and tweet about the giveaway. Be sure to include the URL to this page in your tweet. Click the TweetThis button at the bottom of the post, or you can use the following tweet: “Win the BEST eco-friendly mop ever! $107 value! (AND INCLUDE THE URL)” Leave a comment telling me that you followed & tweeted. (1 extra entry)
4. Email 5 friends about the giveaway, with a link to this page. Leave a comment below telling me that you did. (1 extra entry)
5. Stumble this post and leave me a comment telling me that you did. (1 extra entry)
There are a total of 6 possible entries!
Questions? Comment below.
This contest will end Sunday, May2nd at 11:59 PM PST. The winner will be chosen via random.org, and will be announced on Monday, May 3rd. The lucky winner will have 48 hours to contact me with his or her full name and email address.
Please note that Urban Homemaker is one of my sponsors, and as such I am being compensated for hosting this giveaway. That said, you can trust that I only accept sponsors whose products I whole-heartedly endorse and believe in.
Good luck, everybody!
Latest posts by Kristen Michaelis (see all)
- Fight Back Friday April 11th - April 10, 2014
- How to Green the World’s Deserts: Reversing Desertification with Grass-fed Cows - April 8, 2014
- GIVEAWAY: The Nourished Kitchen Cookbook - April 6, 2014