I’ve said it before: Ghee is a lovely fat. As butter cleaned of the milk solids, proteins, and sugars, this non-allergenic fat has the nutty, rich flavor of butter without any of the commonly associated downsides. When ghee is made from the milk of grass-fed cows, you’ve got a powerhouse of concentrated fat-soluble nutrients gift-wrapped in a tasty package.
That’s why I’m so pleased to announce this week’s giveaway of — you guessed it — GHEE. Of course, this isn’t just any old ghee, it’s (to my knowledge) the only commercially available, nationally-marketed ghee in the United States made from grass-fed cows!
In my now legendary ode to ghee, I showered the fat with many compliments, including these:
So, why do I think ghee should be a staple in every kitchen?
Because of it’s flavor, nutritional profile, and versatility. If you have a hard time handling the heavy coconut flavor of coconut oil, ghee is the fat for you. If you find that tallow or lard simply taste too “heavy” for the dish you’re making, ghee is the fat for you. If you want a healthy saturated fat rich in antioxidants and essential vitamins, ghee is the fat for you. If you’re cooking at higher temperatures, want to avoid any potential complications from lactose or casein, yet desire that savory, silky, nutty, buttery flavor, ghee is the fat for you.
What You’ll Win
This week, one of my sponsors, Pure Indian Foods, is giving away two jars of 14 oz plain ghee, one sampler pack (6 x 1.1 oz) of spiced ghee, and one jar of 14 oz of virgin coconut oil. That’s mighty generous of them, don’t you think?
How to Enter
Leave a separate comment for each of the following possible ways to enter.
1. The first step to entering the contest is to click on the link below. You’ll be taken to the Pure Indian Foods website, where you can submit your email address to enter the contest.
Now, leave a comment below. That’s good for one entry. For additional chances to win, do any of the following:
2. Blog about this giveaway and link back to this page on your blog. Comment below with the link. (1 extra entry)
3. Sign up for my weekly email newsletter using the form below. Leave a comment below telling me that you signed up. You will also get an entry if you already subscribe — be sure to leave a comment! (3 extra entries)
4. Email 5 friends about the giveaway, with a link to this page. Leave a comment below telling me that you did. (1 extra entry)
5. LIKE the Pure Indian Foods Facebook page and share about the giveaway on Facebook, linking to this post. (3 extra entries!)
6. LIKE my newly created Facebook page and share about the giveaway on Facebook, linking to this post. (1 extra entry)
There are a total of 10 possible entries!
Questions? Comment below.
This contest will end Friday, April 8th at 11:59 PM PST. Winner will be announced the following Monday. The prize will be shipped to U.S. winners free of charge, but international winners will have to pay shipping and any applicable taxes.
Latest posts by Kristen Michaelis (see all)
- Fight Back Friday April 11th - April 10, 2014
- How to Green the World’s Deserts: Reversing Desertification with Grass-fed Cows - April 8, 2014
- GIVEAWAY: The Nourished Kitchen Cookbook - April 6, 2014