This young man is eleven years old. Yet he says such wise things! Things like, “It seems to me that we can either pay the farmer or pay the hospital.” And “A while back, I wanted to be an NFL football player. I decided that I’d rather be an organic farmer instead.” (To which, of course, the audience erupted in spontaneous and thunderous applause.)
Isn’t this what you’d wish for in your children — the ability to be poised, the desire to seek justice in the food system, and an ability to think rightly and humbly about what our food choices mean?
Watching him brought tears to my eyes, and made me so thankful to you all for giving me the chance to help his generation make better food choices. In honor of kids like Birke Baehr, I’ve decided to extend enrollment in the Real Food Nutrition & Health E-Course for one additional week — right up until class starts on October 1st.
If you’re planning to register for the course and also wish to buy a printed book to use (which may take a week or more to arrive), no worries. For the first few weeks of class I’ll be providing all the course materials in a downloadable format so that you won’t be left behind.
Remember, every lesson will include:
- Engaging Reading Assignments — both from the book and supplementary material
- Time Saving Audio Files — an audio version of the book as well as excerpts from interviews and talks given by the leading authorities within the world of Real Food and Nutrition.
- Thought Provoking Discussion Questions — We won’t simply be reviewing the materials, but rather challenging students to ask hard questions of themselves and draw independent conclusions.
- Entertaining Yet Informative Videos — Like the ones below.
- Creative And Substantive Activities & Assignments — There’s no better way to drive a lesson home than to require a student to take ownership of ideas through interacting with them in creative, experimental, and fun ways.
To whet your appetite until then, I leave you with the three Sneak Peek videos I released over the course of the past two weeks.
Don’t miss out on this chance to help your son or daughter (or even yourself) become as informed and full of conviction as young Birke Baehr!
Latest posts by Kristen Michaelis (see all)
- Fight Back Friday April 18th - April 17, 2014
- Fight Back Friday April 11th - April 10, 2014
- How to Green the World’s Deserts: Reversing Desertification with Grass-fed Cows - April 8, 2014