If you’re like me, you love finding desserts that are nutrient-dense and raw. Something about it makes me feel… What’s the word? Guiltless? Brilliant? I don’t know.
I made this for the first time last week, and I was shocked — shocked — at just how good it was. My kids raved about it. My husband asked for seconds. And it took less than a minute to prepare.
I kid you not. Less than 60 seconds.
So, here’s the scoop. It’s hardly worth calling this a recipe, but I figure I’ll treat it like one anyway for all you super-organized folks out there.
- 1/4 cup creme fraiche or cultured sour cream (both taste divine!)
- 1 Tbsp raw nut butter (we’ve used cashew, peanut, and almond) (where to find nut butters from properly soaked nuts)
- 1 tsp raw honey (where to find raw honey)
These directions make a single serving, so I’m showing you how to whip it together in your serving cup. This is an old tea cup from my mother-in-law’s everyday china. To begin, plop in your dollop of creme fraiche or cultured sour cream.
Next, add in the small dollop of nut butter.
Add a drizzle of honey.
I know it doesn’t look glamorous, and it might sound a little bit weird. But it’s heavenly!
I’m arleady growing excited by all the variations I can do with this. Just imagine stirring in the freshly picked berries of late Spring. YUM.
This is my entry into today’s Fight Back Fridays carnival of Real Food Lovin’ links. If you want to see more recipes, tips, anecdotes, and stories by lovers of Real Food, go check it out!
Latest posts by Kristen (see all)
- Fight Back Friday December 6th - December 5, 2013
- November Giveaway Winner - December 4, 2013
- New Studies Show Gut Bacteria Are “Mind-altering Microorganisms” - December 2, 2013